Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday 13th June. Since last Sunday I have moved only as far as Abbottsford, BC, about 60km east of Vancouver where I am staying with my friends Wes and Debbie. Mike Green, my riding mate, has joined me and we should have been riding north today but being BC it has been raining steadily since late yesterday which is both good and bad.  Good because we rode to a meeting of the Greater Vancouver Motorcyclee Club last night in the rain which confirmed what I really did know, my boots and rain pants were not worth a pinch of the proverbial in Vancouver rain. So this morning Mike and I went shopping for Goretex boots amid better rain pants.  Bad because we have postponed our departure until tomorrow when it won't be raining, ha ha. Last Monday I accompanied Wes & Debbie on a car trip, truck actually, down to Seattle in Washington on a flying visit. The day was fine with great views of the Cascade mountains to the east ranging in height from Mt Baker at around 11,000 ft to majestic snow covered Mt Rainier at 14,400 ft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment